Dump Sort Recycle
Dumpster containers are delivered to construction and demolition sites. They are filled with construction and demolition debris. The roll-offs are brought to C&D Recycling and our material recovery facility (MRF) in Northbrook where the load is weighed.
Construction and demolition debris is dumped onto our tipping floor at our state-of-the-art recycling center for sorting and recycling.
The materials are loaded onto conveyer belts. The debris is sorted in our fully automated recycling center.
Materials are then recycled.
- Wood can be processed into mulch, compost, or cover for wildlife habitats and raw materials for chipboard and fuel
- Concrete, stone, brick, and dirt is crushed into different sizes and reused for roads, airports, drainage media, embankments, and pavers
- Asphalt shingles are ground and recycled into hot-mix Asphalt for road base
- Metal is melted and reformed into new products
- Cardboard is recycled into new cardboard
- Plastic is melted and recycled into new plastic products
- Electronic waste is sent out to our e-waste partner for proper destruction and disposal of electronics also providing appropriate documentation according to state and federal laws